Thursday, August 7, 2008

Module 2 - Chats

TASK OPTION Other chat options: MSN, YahooChat, SecondLife (sign For any of these optionsJup is laborious but the dedicated can give it a try you choose Arrange with other students in the unit to meet up for a chat Record your answer and reflections in your learning log

Record your outcome and reflections of your experiences and thoughts on this task in your learning log

For this task I was involved in a chat with a number of students from NET11. The students are Gaynor, Susan, Sarah and myself. We used Skype to conduct the chat. Prior to this course I had never used Skype before. My experiences with Skype so far have been great. So much so that I intend of keeping the program for future personal use when this course is finished. The set up of Skype is in a way that can be used easily and is appealing to the eye. It is easy to access all sections of Skype with tabs and headings for each part. There are no problems that I can see as far as the set-up and design of Skype. During the chat there was one aspect that I found difficult. With a number of people talking I found that even though we were having a group chat we would be having individual conversations combined with group conversations and often these would cross over. If the group had many more people it would have been very difficult to keep up with the conversation. I also found that as I was responding to one comment a few other comments would appear. As a result I had to type fast and read other posts at the same time to ensure that I stay on track with the conversation. Overall this task was a great experience and it has opened my eye to the world of Internet chatting.

No comments: